2009年3月9日 星期一

有借有還再借不難

借東西其是一種建立良好人際互動的行為,

因為你想借,但別人不一定就想借給你,

當然啦,借東西的最基本要求是,準時歸還,

不然借信不良,想要再借下一次,我看就很難啦,

雖然如此說,自己也有借東西沒還的情況,

還好借東西給我的善心人士都沒有厲聲追究,

但是自己還是覺得不好意思,下次碰到適當時機,一定要給他歸還,

順便帶些感謝卡或者請人家吃一頓,想必都是很好解決問題的方法,

不然人生一定不順遂,而且經常會有輸輸去的情況發生。

但說到要跟阿斗仔借東西,講英文應該是免不了的啦,

那我們來看看,借東西的英文應該怎麼說喔。

Borrowing Things 30-31 摘自Let's talk in English

你可以幫我一個忙嗎(Can I ask a favor?)

我要幫我妹妹舉行生日派對,派對的主題是叢林
(I’m having a party for my sister’s birthday. And it has a jungle theme.),

所以我可不可以向你借一些咖啡館的東西
(so could I borrow a few things from the café?)?

我可以借一些裝飾品嗎?
Can I borrow some of the decorations?

裝飾品屬於咖啡館的財產,我不能借出
I’m sorry, the decorations belong to the restaurant. I can’t lend those out.

可是你如果要的話,倒是可以藉那邊的那隻鳥,那是我的
but if you want to, you can borrow that bird over there. it’s mine.

你需要借多久(How long do you need it for?)?

派對在這週末舉行,所以我可以下星期一拿來還你,這樣可以嗎
The party is this weekend, so I can return it on Monday. is that Ok?

我會好好照顧它的I’ll take good care of it.

希望你們在派對上玩的愉快 well, have a fun party.

好多人要來,你要來嗎?時間在星期六下午五點
we will lots of people are coming. Do you want to come? it’s Saturday afternoon at 5

抱歉,我要上班,可是還是謝謝你囉!
sorry. I have to work, but thanks!

我該走了,我得去準備派對要用的其他東西
I should go. I need to get a few more things for the party.

這是wang借我要在我妹妹的派對上用的。
wang lent it to me for my sister’s party.

我對這場派對感到興奮很期待,謝謝你邀請我參加,
I'm excited about the party. thanks for inviting me.

你到時候要穿什麼?決定了?
What are you going to wear? Do you know yet?

我正想和你談這件事I wanted to talk to you about that.

我實在沒什麼和叢林有關的衣服,你有什麼衣服可以借我穿嗎?
I don’t really have any jungle clothes. Do you have anything I can borrow?

我有件非常合適的上衣可以借你,
I have the perfect top for you.

星期六早一點到我家來,我可以借你穿。
Come to my house early on Saturday, and you can borrow it.

這倒提醒了我ㄧ點(that reminds me),

你借給我的那本書還在我那裡。
I still have that book you let me.

介紹紐約的那一本。你看完了嗎?
The book about New york. so you have finished the book?

看完了,很好看,我星期六再拿還妳
It was great. I’ll give it back to you on Saturday.

抱歉,跟你借了那麼久(sorry, I kept it so long.)。

幸好你沒我收逾期還書的罰金。
I’m glad you’re not charging me a late fee.

我才不會這麼做呢(I wouldn’t do that.)。

我上禮拜向妳借的10美元有沒有還你啊?
Did I ever pay you back the$10 I borrowed last week?

很高興你還記得(I’m glad you remembered.),

我常常忘了誰跟我借過什麼。
I often forget who borrowed what from me.

我也是(I’m the same way.)。

我該走了,明天見(I’d better go. see you tomorrow.)。

沒有留言:

張貼留言